Orange County CA residents and homeowners are concerned about water conservation and saving money on their utility bills.
The Municipal Water District of Orange County CA (MWDOC) serves a 600 square-mile area that includes many Orange County cities, including Aliso Viejo, Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, San Clemente, and others. MWDOC also includes the unincorporated areas of El Toro, Emerald Bay, Irvine Ranch, Laguna Beach county, Mesa Consolidated, and others.
The MWDOC offers incentives and rebates to commercial and residential customers in these cities and areas that are posted at its web site for those areas that implement water-saving technology. Such offerings depend upon what funding is available and is subject to change.
- Smart irrigation timers – up to $380 – www.ocwatersmart.com-timers
- Soil moisture sensors – up to $380 – www.ocwatersmart.com/sensor
- Rotating nozzles – $4 or more per nozzle – www.ocwatersmart.com/nozzles
- Rain barrels – $75 per barrel – www.ocwatersmart.com/barrels
- Drip irrigation – up to $175 per kit – www.ocwatersmart.com/drip
- Turf removal – $2 or more per square foot of area – www.ocwatersmart.com/turf
- High-efficiency clothing washer – $85 or more – www.ocwaersmart.com/washers
- High-efficiency toilets – $100 or more per toilet – www.ocwatersmart.com/toilets
Water savings programs
- Water smart home program – free home survey
- Sprinkler adjustment notifications – free
The Irvine Ranch Water District also has incentives for devices and water savings programs.
The Mesa Water District also has incentives and rebates for water savings programs.
So homeowners and residents at Orange County CA should contact MWDOC and/or Irvine Ranch Water District and Mesa Water District to find out about incentives and rebates for water conservation at your home.
The Orange County Association of REALTORs® did a great job of putting together its March 2015 magazine – “THE GREEN ISSUE” – with theme of “HOW TO SAVE ENERGY, WATER & MONEY”.
By Harrison K. Long – Source of information is OC REALTOR® magazine article “How to Earn Money by Saving Water: Incentives and Rebates”, March 2015 – and the Municipal Water District of Orange County. Graphic is by iStockphoto.com.