Here are some tips when you start the home buying process @ Orange County, California.
1. Do Your Homework – Contact a Realtor to find out about the area you are looking to purchase in. Study the average closing prices of comparable homes in that area. Be clear about what your needs are and differentiate between “must-haves” and “wants.” Your must-haves are your necessities that you cannot live without. Your wants are things that would be nice to have but shouldn’t be a deciding factor in selecting a home.
2. Check Your Credit Report – Clean up your credit score before you apply for a mortgage. Check for mistakes, fraud and outstanding items. Your credit score affect your rates and if that’s negative it can prevent you from getting a purchase money loan.
3. Consult with a qualified Realtor – A good Realtor is important to make sure you you feel comfortable about your home purchase. Make sure he or she is experienced with first-time home buyers and knowledgeable about the area. Your real estate agent can provide you with all the inventory in your area that is for sale, as he or she has access to the Multiple Listing Service. Your Realtor will guide you through each stage of the buying process and can assist with negotiation.
4. Get Pre-Qualified for purchase money loan – Most homeowners in today’s economy will require a pre-approval letter along with your offer, showing you have been pre-qualified for a mortgage up to a certain amount. Proving that you are pre-approved increases your leverage, makes you aware what is within your means, and give all parties comfort in knowing you can close with certainty and on time.
5. Get a Home Inspection – After your offer is accepted, make sure to get a home inspection completed on the property. This is important so you can be made aware of any problems, damage, termites, etc., before the home closes and have them repaired before moving in.
Contact us if you have any questions about home buying strategy at Orange County, CA.
@ www.OCPropertyNews.com – www.CostaMesaLive.com – www.Irvine-homevalues.com – www.NewportCoastLive.com – www.LiveAtLagunaBeach.com – www.CoastLivinghomes.com – www.OCHomeValueGuide.com – www.LiveAtIrvine.com – www.ExploreTurtleRock.com –www.ExploreOCHomes.com – www.LiveAtOrangeCounty.com – www.IrvineBestValues.com – www.LiveAtNewportBeach.com
“Helping People, Moving Forward, Developing Relationships and Protecting Property Values”
Harrison K. Long – Business Solutions and Advisory – REALTOR® and broker associate, GRI, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage – 949-854-7747 (phone) – ExploreProperties@gmail.com (email) – CA DRE 01410855